Friday, February 16, 2007

Madness at Sheng Siong Supermkt

Jennifer say:


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Every year (3 years) without fail, there will be one or two lines of cars on both sides of the road. Today, SS will be operating 24 h, there are like 50 over cars now. I just watched how two buses tried to pass through the lines of cars from opposite direction.

Traffic police had come and go. Police car had come and go. Cars disappeared within 10 mins and new cars reappeared within 10 min. I think this as a "Mouse and Tiger" game.

From my window, i can always seen those ppl rushing to their cars when the white tigers came. SS's staff is quite good, they always announced of the 'attack of the white tigers' whenever they come so those little mice can rushed to their cars immediately. Of course one odd mouse is never so lucky to escape from the clutches of the tiger. As the chinese saying say " Kill one to warn others" ( i am unable to type chinese words using this template).

I had braved the crowd today. I bought a basket for dudu to sleep in. Yesterday, i bought one for KK. Because i am not sure if they are willing to sleep inside them, i did not buy two at one go. But since SS is only opposite my block, i thought it is easy to get what i want just like normal days. BUT not today. There are like 5 to 6 ppl in the line.I find it funny that i am waiting in the line paying for a mere $0.90 basket. I only went to the second storey that selling all sorts of non-eatable stuff. You name it, it can mostly be found. The first floor that is where the maddness of the crowd began. KK and Dudu do love the new baskets i bought for them. They sleep inside like a hen warming up her eggs.

I was telling mum that maybe we can go to SS at 3 am in the morning. This is just a joke actually. I had completed all my tasks more or less. I am quite satisfied of it in fact.

Mum said that she still need me to help her with some tasks of hers..... tml will be a busy day....Just as mum said, CNY is the only time where ppl bothered to clean up their whole house.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker