Saturday, April 07, 2007

My furry yummy chicken meal

This is how i prepared my furry friends' dinner. My mum will kept all the chicken with bones inside the fridge. Those chicken are the one that you can buy in wet market for $1.70 for a piece of chicken meat. Mum will take out the chicken meat for us to eat while she will packed the chicken bones with bit of meat in the fridge. I will then take them out to boil them for my cats.

I normally boiled four to five packet of uncooked chicken at one go. Then i will add in the ikan bili water inside the chicken. The ikan bili water is do not have any ikan inside it. Mum had washed the ikan bili and left the water that she washed inside a container where i will used it to boil my chicken meal for cats. Sweetie was very interested in the ikan bili water when i placed it on the floor.

Once i had poured everything inside, i will covered the pot and boiled it. The chicken overflowed easily so i had to be careful to open the lid once it boiled and used a fork to pop the uncooked chicken over
This is how the finished product looked like. I can only debone the meat once the chicken had cooled down. So i had boiled the meat early yesterday morning and debone the meat at night. I had to spent an hour seperating the meat from the bone. Then i will need to pack everything inside the fridge. I usually frozen all the meat and indicated each pack by date so that i will always take the old package out. I will usually write : Mimi, boiled, 5/4 on a piece of cardboard and placed the carboard in the outer plastic bag. I had packed everything using two layer of plastic bag so that it will be more secure when i freeze them.

This is what mum usually do for all the frozen stuff inside the fridge - putting dates for all packets in the freezing compartment and indicating whether this is fish meat, sweetie's fish or cat chicken's meat. That is also why we are debating whether we should throw our mimi fridge to buy a bigger fridge since we got so many cat chicken meat inside our bigger fridge. My mimi fridge can only placed five packets of chicken meat.
This is mimi's dinner yesterday. I had mixed the chicken with rice and added some chicken soup inside. The brown one was fish that we ate yesterday - mum find the fish's gill area fishy so i took out the bones and added to mimi's dinner.


While boiling the chicken, i had also used the other cooker to cook some ice jelly.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Semavi Lady said...

I cook extra like this too. I have dogs, not cats, but saving the bones from meals is good. Makes nice flavorful broth to encourage appetite!

I came here from The Blog Pound. :)

eXTReMe Tracker