Saturday, September 29, 2007

In memory of Vesak: 31 May to 29 July 2007



Vesak had crossed The Raindow Bridge to join her elder sister, Pong Pong.
Her bill stating her condition said:
29-9-07 Epilepsy - not responsive to resuscitation - passed away.

Sister and I had seen Vesak for the last time alive at 1.00 pm. We stayed with her for around 40 min. She had cried for us and keep moving toward the door. She want to leave the smelly clinic. But she cannot. She is dehadated, sister said we do not have a choice.

When i reached home at 1 plus, i told mum about Vesak whom is very sad. We had planned to go to Chinatown and at 4 plus while travelling in a bus, i received a call from pet clinic. I cannot hear what the nurse was saying as it was very noisy in the bus so i asked the nurse that i would returned the call later. Mum and I had a real bad feeling. We are prepared to hear the bad news.

When i called, i am told that Vesak had a fit and cannot wake up. She had passed away. Mum and I then rushed to the clinic to collect Vesak body. I thought the vet will pack Vesak body in a plastic bag but he allowed us to take one last look at Vesak. Poor mum burst into tears when she saw Vesak body. I did not cried at all. I guess i had cried earlier when i post the topic on 'Poor Vesak'. I guess i am mentally prepared. I did not shed one tear at all. I pat Vesak for one last time and said to her "Rest in Peace, Vesak".
Vet suggested that since blood test is normal, Vesak could have a brain nerve disorder. Vet said shortly after we left the clinic at 1.45 pm, Vesak had a fit and died. I guess Vesak wanted to see us one last time before she entered Rainbow bridge.


We had asked Vincent to help us bury Vesak in the soil to rest. Right now, Vesak body is still outside our doorstep. I had let Xiami and Ah go go say one last goodbye to their friend from the gate.Xiami and Ah go go will feel it strange that their sister Vesak had gone missing but i cannot explain to them (if only i know cat language) that their little sister Vesak had entered another world to join Pong Pong.

Vesak entered our household at Vesak day this year. She had four months of happiness in our family and we are proud to have her in our house.Unlike Pong Pong where i cried like mad, this time round, i am prepared for the death. I felt sad for the loss but if Vesak choose to end her life today, she will need to go. And I am not crying when i posted this unlike The pong pong topic post again. Actually i felt a heave of relief - at least Vesak can end her suffering on Earth. I am glad to be able to see her alive for the last time. Seeing Vesak this afternoon, i sort of knew that she will leave us soon but i said telling Vesak that she must be strong. Maybe leaving this world will make Vesak ended her pain, maybe she will have a better afterlife rather than to be a cat. Vesak is strong. She had endure her suffering to see her owners for the last time. I am very proud to have her for this whole four months.

R.I.P. Vesak.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jules said...

Rest in peace, little Vesak. I am sure u are in a better place now and very grateful to the wonderfully kind human friends who have cared for and loved you.

auntie p said...

Bye Vesak. You have been very much loved.

eXTReMe Tracker