Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Trapped high up the tree

Jennifer say:


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yesterday, We were out feeding pi pa and mimi. We cannot find mimi but we could heard him crying to us for help. Sister then spotted mimi high up above the tree.

We called mimi to come down but he refused to move.

We tempted him with food but he refused to move.

We moved away from him hoping to find ginger but he refused to move.

Mimi just refused to move down. And we did not find ginger.

I am a bit worried about mimi but i am hoping that he would come down to find auntie L at 11 plus.

Sister then called Auntie L about mimi. Auntie L said that mimi will come down himself. At 11.45 pm, Auntie L then called Sister whom was in LaLa land with the cats. Sister pushed the phone to me... Auntie L told me to get a bamboo holder. (not sure what the proper name, but it is the pole u used to push up ur clothes to dry)

I am not sure if there was a communication breakdown between the two of us but from what i heard, Auntie L certainly mentioned about bringing down a bamboo holder. I remembered myself telling Auntie L that the pole may be too short but L said never mind, just use to pop pop mimi down. I am not very keen actually to come down with the bamboo as it was quite late. Then Auntie L started to say if i do not come down, mimi will be stranded in the tree till tml. I disliked the way auntie L speak to me... it's like leaving me with no choice... either u come or the cat will be up the tree. I then replied 'OK lor' half-heartedly.

Sister was too busy chasing cats @ ECP in Lalaland. She refused to move from the bed. So mum asked blood to go down with me as it is quite late. Mum found me a extendable clothes pole to pop pop mimi. Blood and I then meet Auntie L at the bottom of Mimi's tree. Auntie L gave me a 'not happy' look when she saw me holding a short pole and she started to nag about wanting a long long pole when i shouted her up that this is an extendable pole. I am equally unhappy seeing her face...

Mimi was high up at around 2m from the ground. Auntie L took 4 chairs from the nearby coffeeshop and poor blood as expected had to stand up the chair trying to pop mimi that refused to move an inch. Crazy auntie L then suggested blood to climb the tree. I had forgot to mention that the tree had thin branches and was extremely dangerous for any one attemping to be monkey. Moreover, blood had never climb a single tree in his whole life... Crazy auntie L then tried to ask a male passer by to attemp to be monkey but of course anyone with normal IQ will refused to perform such a dangerous act.

After 15 min at 12 midnight, Auntie L then said she needed to go and feed the other cats.. She said she will called SPCA to rescue mimi but she said she do not know if SPCA will just take mimi away. Auntie L then left blood and me staring at mimi up the tree.

Blood then used my house key to wave to mimi. He also used a long oil palm leaf and wave at mimi. Instead mimi shifted further UP. At 12.30 am, both blood and me got stiff neck staring up at mimi. I told blood that we should gave up now. Just then, i saw ginger got bullied by a big dark grey tabby. Ginger also ran up the same tree as mimi but at a lower height.

Poor ginger..i chased the never seen before tabby male away and left.

When i woke up in the morning, sister went to find mimi and come back with good news. Mimi had come down from the tree himself. Thanks god.... i packed some rice for mimi to eat. I did not sleep well yesterday, tossing in my bed thinking of poor mimi. I even prayed for mimi to come down himself by chanting 'guanyin pusa' name in my mind many times, asking for goddness of mercy to take care of mimi.

When i looked at my cats at home, i am thinking how lucky all 4 of them are....no need to got chased by other cats, no need to find food, got shelter, got 5 ppl to sayang them, no evil ppl making complaints and no risk of being put to sleep...

Life between a home cat and community cats had such a great difference.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker