Saturday, October 07, 2006

Mid Autumn Festival

Jennifer say:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Day Scene @ Chinatown

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Night Scene @ Chinatown - I loved the dragon

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Celebration @ My neigbourhood temple

This is taken today at my neighbourhood's temple. . We missed the walkabout where the Tong-ki will take everyone to walk around the neighbourhood for a full round...Everyone will be holding a lantern in their hands. We only joined the crowd when they were near to the temple. After that, a ritual was conducted. You can see the set-up of the ritual in the first photo. The Tong-Ki then sprinkled some water with pine leaves blessed by the heavenly gods above us. After that, we took a joss stick each to pray to the moon goddess. I prayed for all my community cats in my area to be safe.

We did not stay longer to take the 'goodies bag' consisting of sweets and flower for bathing/blessing. We went inside the temple to pray. There was a banquet in the temple itself.

Mum and I watched the opera outside the temple. I do understand the language spoken (Hokkein) except for the singing ( A bit understand only). Mum has always say that i should learn to speak Hokkein instead of just having to understand it without speaking.

I was SMSing sister to ask her when she would be back when i saw our MP walking toward me. He was actually there for the banquet and we happened to sit in the way. We stayed for a short while till 9.30 pm. I needed to warm up mimi's food and the opera was not that fantastic as compared to the Taiwan opera.

We saw mimi near the senior citizen corner. Mimi meowed at us but we did not have food. Mimi then followed us and then disappeared around the dark void deck. We met two police officers whom were there because someone complained that the kids were playing with candles in the void deck.

At 10.25 pm, sister and I went to find san pi pa and mimi. There were lot of people around - lot of kids playing with candles somemore. I am able to feed mimi without any disturbance. San Pi Pa is a bit 'worried' about the noises but he did ate quite a lot. Sister and I stayed with him till he ate more of his leftover rice.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker