Thursday, February 25, 2010

Getai Performance @ Farrer Park MRT Exit A, Rangoon Road, 24/2/10 农历1月11日, Event: Temple Celebration, Host: Bi Hua and Yang Jun Ting

Jennifer say:


Photobucket

24/2/10 (Wed) 农历1月11日: Today We went to Farrer Park MRT Rangoon Rd or Blk 677 Race Course Rd to watch getai. It was supposed to be a temple event.

Below is mainly my rants about today event (noted that getai is prefectly fine, i ranting abt temple area), do not read if u do not like to read complaints.

As per my normal practice, i went to the temple area wanting to take photos of the praying area. I do not know if i mentioned why i like to take temple areas in my blog before. The main reason is sometimes the temple or 神堂 area are decorated very nicely, I felt that it is a waste of the temple committee effort not to take any photos for memony. I know that the temple ppl do take their own photos but others like members of the public do not usually take photos. I like to take photos for my own memony of the temple event as well.

Back to this temple event, i had just taken the first photo when this guy in white shirt popped out and said no photo taking allowed. I am a bit shocked and i immediately quesioned him why i CANNOT take any photos ler. He replied me with his first order: NO PHOTO TAKING ALLOW. TWICE as if i had done something wrong and i guess i had done something wrong by having notty fingers to snap photos.

I am like OK, no photo taking allow. Fine but can u at least give me a reason - any like "Oh we want privacy of our temple area" or "Oh we want the public to pay respect to our praying area" or "Oh we are afriad that you guys may anyohow post our photos online, we do not liked that very much, sorry for the inconvenience caused".

The guy i met cannot even offer me a simple reason - not that he own me reason but if he is put in charge to stop ppl from taking photos, he should be trained to answer qns too. I felt that if a reason is given, i felt more at ease... i actually felt i am unwelcome when i am told off not to take any photos. Excuss me, i am told not once but twice not to take photos as somehow the guy think i look stupid and do not understand what is he saying the first time round. Not that i MUST take the temple photos as i had taken many photos of other temples area with no issues at all so i am actually puzzled over the temple committe decision. Or maybe i should next time round go and find the temple committe and asked sweetly "Uncle do u mind if i take photos of ur temple events and posted it online?" Or "Uncle, ur temple area are SO nice ler, i MUST take photo can or not ler?" Urgh, dun really feel like asking ler( i should start doing so in future).... because if an temple is having a temple celebartion, it should be also a time of joy and sharing. You should share your temple events with others too - photos taking actually can capture ur moment of happiness and effort.

After I walked a few steps, i turned back again. The guy gave me a "What do u want from me" look. I asked him if i cannot take photos can i pray... of course standard answer otherwise why have praying area ler. Actually my feeling at that point of time is what is the big deal about ur temple area ler, why do not allow photos taking ler, why had getai so many days and do not allow public to take photos of ur temple praying ler...

Back in the getai area, i am actually super pissed off but thinking abt the event again, i was smiling to myself , i think i look insane when i did that esp near the stage area.... I smiled to myself because i am thinking why the temple wasted so much money on getai but yet are afraid that member of the public will take photos of their praying area. Hmm, nothing to hide meh... very open area, the whole world can see ur temple area ler....

Duno if i sound difficult but really cannot understand the decision of this temple committee. I meant I did not even seen any big notice of No photo taking and yet i am being told off not to take photos. If really prohibited, at least have a nice notice to inform member of the public. No anyone know that ur temple do not allow photos taking esp in celebration event. Never felt so unwelcome in my days of getai watching, i am not going back to Farrer Park same temple event to watch getai again.

OK... END OF RANTS, sorry guys if in ur mind, i sound nasty and difficult. I am just merely ranting as it definitely make me feel better....


Photobucket
Zhen Ni

Photobucket

Photobucket
Pei Shan

Photobucket
Qiu Wen, he rocks again

Photobucket
Wei Hua

Photobucket

Not sure of name

Photobucket
Mai Hui

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker